Hello, you are using an old browser that's unsafe and no longer supported. Please consider
your browser to a newer version, or downloading a
Raising Voices is looking for a creative and experienced individual to join our team and take on the position of Technical Manager - Communications.
The Technical Manager for communications will provide strategic direction and works with all teams to ensure dynamic, accessible, and inspiring external engagement and communications with a wide range of stakeholders through Raising Voices’ various communication channels including websites, social media, publications and other multimedia platforms and activities.
This is a full-time position based in Kampala, Uganda.
The Technical Manager will:
- Lead the development of the Raising Voices communication strategy and workplan.
- Ensure violence prevention discussions are vibrant and visible using various social media platforms through direct content sharing, engaging and amplifying contents of likeminded individuals, groups and organizations.
- Support the development and dissemination of various creative and multimedia products including video, radio, posters, etc;
- Develop creative and popular communications (campaigns, videos, publications, events, etc) highlighting the voices of women and children impacted by Raising Voices programming.
- Develop materials from concept through to editing, proofing, design and printing, ensuring quality throughout.
Refer to the Job Description for more details
Reports to the Executive Director
- Bachelor’s degree in the fields of Communication, Journalism, Public relations, Marketing or the equivalent. A masters/post graduate qualification is an added advantage.
- At least five to seven years relevant NGO experience in communications including, writing, editing and producing creative written communications for targeted audiences;
- Proven creative work experience in a communications role in a social justice organization; Strong experience managing multiple social media platforms (e.g., Twitter, Instagram, FB, TikTok, etc), including best practice, and social media management systems and tools;
- Advanced technical skills in creative communication, public engagement and media relations;
- Familiarity with social media platforms and digital environment best practices, internet culture and language.
- Knowledge of communication and media industry.
- Demonstrated proficiency with communications technologies.
- Commitment to, and ability to articulate human rights issues, violence against women and violence against children experience, a plus.
- Familiarity with the global women and children’s rights movements, an added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal, cross cultural and communication (written and oral) skills;
- Excellent ability to synthesize, understand and communicate complex issues effectively;
- Attention to detail, visual intelligence and an eye for beauty.
- Ability to identify and understand different audiences, utilize and adapt appropriate communication channels and content;
- Creative design thinking, graphic designing and working with other design tools/software;
- Committed to contributing to and operating within a feminist organizational culture;
- Personal integrity and transparency, serving as a role model for others;
- Maintains high standards of quality programming;
- Keen appreciation of quality and standards, displaying mature, professional demeanor and with ability to take responsibility for delivering results;
- Organized, proactive problem solver;
- Exhibits high levels of professionalism – good time management skills, takes initiative, meets deadlines, is honest and cooperative; and
- Contributes to positive organizational culture; embodies the core values of Raising Voices.
Competitive and commensurate with skills and experience
Interested candidates are invited to submit their complete applications to email@example.com with the subject line “Technical Manager-Communications”.
The deadline for receiving applications is 1700hrs, Friday, 16th December 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, not later than Monday, 16th