The Approach in Action
What does systematic violence prevention look like in communities? This training video developed by Raising Voices and People’s Picture Company as a companion to our Resource Guide, Mobilising Communities to Prevent Domestic Violence, is an invitation into community organizing. The Approach in Action allows organizations to see first-hand what community mobilization and its activities look like by highlighting the work of two NGOs that were pioneering the approach.
How Approach in Action Works
The training video covers:
- The Guiding Principles: key concepts organizations should keep in mind when doing community-based violence prevention work.
- The Phased-In Approach: a way of structuring your program in order to effectively move your community through a process of change.
- The Five Strategies: activities organizations can use to bring alive the Guiding Principles and the Phased-In Approach.
- Monitoring and Evaluation: advice on how to monitor and evaluate your work.
The video includes Training Booklet designed to help viewers take their learning further. It includes:
- Brief summaries of the chapters of the Training Video.
- Questions for discussion and reflection about the Training Video and community mobilization approach.
- A series of simple training sessions written to help deepen understanding of the approach and how your organization may adapt and use some of these ideas.
- A list of each of the activities highlighted in the training video and where you can read more about them in the Resource Guide.