At Raising Voices, we know that change begins with ourselves. Working at Raising Voices is not just a professional experience; it is a personal journey. We support each other in reflecting on and envisioning the change we seek in our individual lives. We take the time to meaningfully examine why we each do this work, what it means to do this work, the values and dreams that brought us here, and how through our work, we grow ourselves.
Are you interested in joining the Raising Voices team?
The following opportunities are currently available:
- Senior Program Officer, Violence against Women Prevention: Raising Voices seeks a dynamic critical thinker with in-depth experience on violence against women (VAW) prevention programming. This full-time position based in Kampala, Uganda will report directly to the Violence Against Women Prevention Coordinator. Click here for full job description and application process.
- Graphic Designer: Raising Voices is seeking a graphic design intern to develop organizational materials, publications, posters and more. Intern can be based off-site. Please email cover letter, CV and portfolio or link to online work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Raising Voices also works with a talented pool of national and international consultants. If you have relevant skills and are committed to the prevention of violence against women and children, contact us.
Raising Voices is in the process of prequalifying providers of various goods and services and hereby invites proposals from well-established firms for the goods and services specified below:
|Goods and Services||Specifications|
||High quality office stationery including reams of 80 gsm bond printing/photocopying paper, notebooks, pens, etc.|
||High quality color printing of desk and wall calendars, books, posters, brochures, leaflets, and other materials.|
||High quality and long lasting branding of T-shirts, pens, wall clocks, and other promotional materials. The firm should also be able to provide engraving services for furniture, computers, and other office equipment.|
||Photocopying bulky documents of different sizes ranging from A1 to A5 including those that may require enlargement or reduction. Copies must be clean and free from any streaks. Bidders should also be able to provide high resolution scanning of various documents.|
||The catering firms should be able to provide a variety of buffet and a la carte meals including dinners snacks during workshops and other events of up to 100 participants.|
||Innovative graphic designers able to produce creative artworks are invited to submit proposals for designing of publications including calendars, reports, posters, stickers, and other materials.|
||Proposals are invited from firms that can supply computers and their accessories including printers, copiers, scanners, UPSs, toner, etc. Bidders must also be able to provide good quality after sales services for the products they supply.|
||Raising Voices requires the services of a mid-level motor vehicle garage/workshop to service and repairs its vehicles.
The garage must be clean, spacious, and provide sufficient security. It should be able to service pickups, SUVs and vans of various makes and motorcycles as well.
||Bidders should be able to provide well-maintained SUVs in excellent condition for up-country trips as well as saloons for town running. Bidders must be willing to invoice/bill on a monthly basis.|
||The insurance services required include covering organizational assets against various risks including comprehensive coverage of vehicles and premises, GPA for staff, Health Insurance, Life Assurance, etc.|
||In Kampala, Raising Voices requires workshop facilities for up to 100 people with at least two break-away rooms. Upcountry, Raising Voices needs both hotel rooms and meetings facilities in mid-level hotels in Fort Portal, Lira, and Luwero.|
Interested bidders who need additional information should send an email to: Admin@raisingvoices.org.
Bidders should be well established firms and properly registered firms who have been operating for at least 5 years. They are required to include their company profiles, copies of registration and trading licenses, and list of current clients in their proposals. The prices quoted are not subject to change for at least one quarter.
How to submit you proposal:
- Proposals in sealed envelopes clearly labeled “Proposal for the supply of …..” and addressed to the Administrator should be physically submitted to Raising Voices Offices located at Plot 16 Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, or posted to P.O. Box 6770, Kampala, Uganda.
- Bids must be delivered to the above address before 10:00am on 31st March 2016; late bids shall not be considered.
- Email submissions are not encouraged. If you really must, then email your bids to email@example.com
- Bids will be opened at 11:00am on Friday 1st April 2016. Bidders are welcome to send their representatives to witness opening of the bids.
Raising Voices is not obliged to prequalify any bidder.