|Start||Local activism strategy and activities|
- Get inspired by the way local activism can work in our everyday lives to create a critical mass for social change to prevent violence against women and HIV.
|Start||Local Activism Planning|
- Participants connect desired phase outcomes with activities they will use to achieve those outcomes.
- (Optional) Develop SASA! Local Activism strategy plan.
|Start||Identifying Community Activists|
- Create a criteria and process for selection of local community activists.
- Prepare for a community activist selection mini-workshop.
|Start||Motivation and Activism|
- Discuss importance of keeping community activists internally motivated to continue with their activism.
|Awareness||Practicing Local Activism, Part 1- Training Room Practice|
- Gain practical experience in conducting common Local Activism activities.
|Awareness||Practicing Local Activism, Part 2- Community Practice|
- Gain practical experience in a community context, conducting common Local Activism activities.
|Awareness||Engaging Women, Men and Youth|
- Describe methods for engaging women, men and youth in a community.
|Awareness||Working with Community Action Groups|
- Practice techniques to approach and engage strategic, existing groups in the community to activate community action groups.
|Support||Keeping our Activism Safe|
- Discuss potential threats to safety that can occur in activism on VAW
- (Optional) Create a plan to reduce risk.