Building momentum against VAWG in the global South
Are you working to prevent or respond violence against women or girls (VAWG) in the global South? If so – this space is for you!
Raising Voices is conducting a community consultation with ALL activists working on VAWG in the global South. In this collaborative process we will learn from the diverse voices activists driving social change on violence against women and girls across the global South. We want to understand the hopes, struggles and dreams of activists with the intention of building momentum, connection and collaboration among the VAWG activist community.
Side box: Not sure if this applies to you?
Do you care about VAWG?
Do you currently/ have you been involved in preventing or responding to VAWG (professionally or personally)?
Are you from the global South or currently working in the global South?
Answer YES to the above? Then this is for you!
There are 6 ways of getting involved:
1. Complete a simple 15 minute survey to tell us about yourself and your experience in working on VAWG.
2. Have a chat with us! We are conducting in-depth interviews (takes about 45 minutes) with activists around the world on skype and phone. Contact us at VAWGactivism@raisingvoices.org
3. Complete a contact list form to share with us the names of organizations and activists in the global South that we should reach out to.
4. Send this link to all your friends, colleagues, networks, listservs! Help us reach as many activists as possible!
5. Offer to translate the survey or an interview in your local language if your language is not represented and there are other activists in your region who could benefit from this.
6. Contact us to share your ideas for getting involved!
After the community consultation, Raising Voices will write up what we’ve learned – in a fun and practical way. We’ll share this with everyone who has given us their contact information.
We look forward to bringing together keenly interested activists for an in-person gathering later in the year. In this space, we will share learning from the community consultation and discuss how to move forward together to strengthen momentum in the global South on VAWG.